Unsweetened Natural Background Flavorings
for your favorite beverages and food projects
Key Things You Should Know About Flavor Essence:
The people that understand us best have gourmet “foodie” tendencies and/or health-conscious interests. By using unsweetened natural background flavorings, you can avoid mass-produced, pre-flavored food and beverages. You can custom-flavor anything to match your own tastes. And because of that, you will have maximum creative control with minimal easy effort. The primary use of Flavor Essence is to add clean tasting gourmet-level flavor to your favorite things without any odd after-taste; and without adding any kind of preservatives, colorings, sugars, fats or carbs.
- To custom control the taste of your water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, milk, juices, smoothies, shakes and adult beverage cocktails (and personalize your own blends of Flavor Essence flavors for maximum creativity).
- To add subtle exotic flavors (beyond vanilla) into baking batters, mixes and frostings
- To flavor yogurt and cereals without adding any sugars
- To create flavored balsamic vinegars and dressings
- To add some true flavor to fruit salads and juices– especially when the fruit “looks good” but is missing either it’s key flavor component or you want to complement it
- These small-batch bottlings of unsweetened natural flavors are made as a simply and cleanly as possible. [These contain zero sugars of any kind].
- Add your own favorite sweeteners (like stevia, cane sugar, agave etc.), OR go without any sugars at all, OR you can “borrow” and just take advantage what sweetness is already present in your beverage or food. Many manufactured beverages and foods already contain added sugars, but our flavorings will not add any more.
- Stylistically, these flavors are a serious attempt to be as “true-to-form” and lush as possible –in both aroma and taste.
- They are gourmet quality and easily add complex aromas & tasty flavors to your favorite beverages and food and baking projects.
- Not to be confused with syrups –that either have a heavy-handed presence or unwanted extra ingredients. (This is one of the reasons that these are accurately described as “natural unsweetened flavorings are “background” flavorings but can be used to create a syrup)
- And unlike extracts, these are concentrated for you to custom-control for individual beverages and measure out for baking batches too.
- Unlike extracts and syrups, these add gourmet-level finesse and complexity.
- “Their place” is cleanly in the background –(and as background flavors they also behave cleanly when blended together)
- The goal is to give you great creative latitude, a new sense of control, and a lot of tasty fun. Healthy can be very tasty.
Take a moment to study…Help/Pointers & Usage Guidelines. By reading the pointers and usage guidelines, you will understand how the flavors are best used. And with this bit of reading, you can get some very good insights into what you can do and what to expect from the flavors. From there, it truly is up to your own sense of taste and your own creativity.
Contact Us Directly with any questions, or if want specific pointers.
Stir into water, sparkling water, hot or iced coffees and teas, protein shakes, smoothies, juices, & other blender drinks, as well as exotic martinis and cocktails. [Distillers, Brewers, Kombucha and CBD manufacturers are also using these as natural background flavorings in their own processes]
Stir into muffin and cake mixes, cookie doughs, bread recipes, frostings, whipped and butter creams, pancake batters. Also works well when stirred in oatmeals, yogurts, cream cheeses etc. These also “behave” very well in flavoring ice cream, butters, and salad dressings. [And a little known secret is that whenever you do want to make your own syrups, these are cleanest base for your own custom-flavored syrups).
The composition of each flavoring is specifically kept as very simple as possible– with only natural flavors, water and alcohol (vegan and gluten free). And uniquely to these products, the alcohol which acts as our natural preservative is kept to a very nominal level –of less than 1/30th of a teaspoon per serving. This is equivalent to about 150 cups of coffee with these flavors to about 1 glass of wine or what is less than the naturally occurring alcohol in fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice.
Flavor Essence -No Unwanted Ingredients — And you won’t experience an odd after-taste or “off-note” flavor in the background taste or the “finish”—unless you use too much of a flavoring.
- 0 Sugars, 0 Sodium, 0 Total Fat, 0 Carbs, @2.5 Calories,
- No Added Coloring, No Preservatives, No Allergens
- Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- And to confirm, (because many people ask),
NO– these do not contain any natural sweeteners, such as Stevia at all
Wheat (includes Triticum species & Triticale): 0
Egg and Egg Products: 0
Milk and Milk Products: 0
Soy (flour, oil, proteins, etc): 0
Peanut Products (oil, nut, etc): 0
Sesame and products thereof: 0
Crustacean Shell Fish: 0
Mollusks (oysters, clams, etc): 0
Celery (root, stalk, leaves, not seeds): 0
Lupines and Products thereof: 0
Mustard and Products thereof: 0
Yellow #5: 0 (no colors ever added)
- Convenient 2-ounce, squeezable, portion-controllable bottles of flavoring.
- The bottles are pocket-portable and easily stored in kitchens & bars.
- Simply squeeze & stir into food and drinks.
Just received my order and all of the flavors taste very good! Placed an order for the Blueberry and ended up trying the Custard Creme in my coffee first! An even better aspect to the great flavors is the customer service! I literally said “awww” out loud when there was a hand written note to my carrier to not leave the package in the lobby and a hand written thank you with usage tips in the box. What a class act company! Will definitely order some of the other flavors and will be sure to share the company name with others! Thank you for making my day.
I usually use Creme Brulee flavored creamer for my coffee, but it was SO expensive and filled with tons of sugar, so I decided to make my own. I found this flavoring, and LOVE it! It tastes BETTER than store bought and now I can make my coffee creamer with half the calories. The customer service is amazing, and they always send notes with tips and tricks to use the flavorings. The 2nd time I ordered, I got a note from Mick that said, "You guys are back!" and how they hope I enjoy the new flavor I bought. It was really cool. Thanks guys! Can't wait to try your many other flavorings in cakes and other things I bake.
Like many others, I discovered this tiny company and their amazing flavor essences by searching for an alternative to buying sparkling water (we call it "fuzzy" water in our house). Not just for the expense and trouble of buying pre-made cans of water, but because we would fall in love with a flavor -- only to have our local stores stop carrying it, or the price would increase to unbelievable heights once a flavor caught on.
Flavor Essence is truly a labor of love for the owner of this company who not only personally researches and develops his products, but manufactures them to the highest standards and takes the time to write personal notes included with each purchase. And during the COVID-19 pandemic, he has continued to offer stellar customer service, serving as manufacturer, packer, shipper and everything in between. And we have yet to find a flavor we didn't care for. With each order, we've branched out trying different flavors that you would NEVER find on any grocery or specialty store shelf. Our only problem of late is finding a way to store and display all of our options in our tiny kitchen. And I've started to think about other things I can flavor in addition to water -- simply because they taste so good.
I cannot say enough great things about the company or the flavors. We only hope the flavor offerings continue to expand.
Cranberry, Lime and Regular Cherry (red ripe cherry) would be amazing additions to an already delicious lineup.
So I found this great product googling how to replicate my addition which is dunkin donut coffee with their unsweetened almond flavor. This popped up, I tried it and it is heaven. I use the almond with the caramel creme brulee in my coffee hot or iced. Saves me about $3.00 per day by avoiding my Dunkin Run. I use the coconut to make pina coladas, saving calories by not using the high fat and sugar coconut mixers. I use strawberry and lemon with my plain non fat greek yogurt, to make smoothies. this product is awesome. I am so glad I stumbled upon it. Bought my first bottles off amazon, but now I just come straight to this site. I feel better putting my money direct to the business owner. I give samples out to friends too! Thanks
Love these flavors! We use the blueberry for an exact replica to the Dunkin Donuts blueberry coffee.