Unsweetened Natural Background Flavorings
for your favorite beverages and food projects
Key Things You Should Know About Flavor Essence:
The people that understand us best have gourmet “foodie” tendencies and/or health-conscious interests. By using unsweetened natural background flavorings, you can avoid mass-produced, pre-flavored food and beverages. You can custom-flavor anything to match your own tastes. And because of that, you will have maximum creative control with minimal easy effort. The primary use of Flavor Essence is to add clean tasting gourmet-level flavor to your favorite things without any odd after-taste; and without adding any kind of preservatives, colorings, sugars, fats or carbs.
- To custom control the taste of your water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, milk, juices, smoothies, shakes and adult beverage cocktails (and personalize your own blends of Flavor Essence flavors for maximum creativity).
- To add subtle exotic flavors (beyond vanilla) into baking batters, mixes and frostings
- To flavor yogurt and cereals without adding any sugars
- To create flavored balsamic vinegars and dressings
- To add some true flavor to fruit salads and juices– especially when the fruit “looks good” but is missing either it’s key flavor component or you want to complement it
- These small-batch bottlings of unsweetened natural flavors are made as a simply and cleanly as possible. [These contain zero sugars of any kind].
- Add your own favorite sweeteners (like stevia, cane sugar, agave etc.), OR go without any sugars at all, OR you can “borrow” and just take advantage what sweetness is already present in your beverage or food. Many manufactured beverages and foods already contain added sugars, but our flavorings will not add any more.
- Stylistically, these flavors are a serious attempt to be as “true-to-form” and lush as possible –in both aroma and taste.
- They are gourmet quality and easily add complex aromas & tasty flavors to your favorite beverages and food and baking projects.
- Not to be confused with syrups –that either have a heavy-handed presence or unwanted extra ingredients. (This is one of the reasons that these are accurately described as “natural unsweetened flavorings are “background” flavorings but can be used to create a syrup)
- And unlike extracts, these are concentrated for you to custom-control for individual beverages and measure out for baking batches too.
- Unlike extracts and syrups, these add gourmet-level finesse and complexity.
- “Their place” is cleanly in the background –(and as background flavors they also behave cleanly when blended together)
- The goal is to give you great creative latitude, a new sense of control, and a lot of tasty fun. Healthy can be very tasty.
Take a moment to study…Help/Pointers & Usage Guidelines. By reading the pointers and usage guidelines, you will understand how the flavors are best used. And with this bit of reading, you can get some very good insights into what you can do and what to expect from the flavors. From there, it truly is up to your own sense of taste and your own creativity.
Contact Us Directly with any questions, or if want specific pointers.
Stir into water, sparkling water, hot or iced coffees and teas, protein shakes, smoothies, juices, & other blender drinks, as well as exotic martinis and cocktails. [Distillers, Brewers, Kombucha and CBD manufacturers are also using these as natural background flavorings in their own processes]
Stir into muffin and cake mixes, cookie doughs, bread recipes, frostings, whipped and butter creams, pancake batters. Also works well when stirred in oatmeals, yogurts, cream cheeses etc. These also “behave” very well in flavoring ice cream, butters, and salad dressings. [And a little known secret is that whenever you do want to make your own syrups, these are cleanest base for your own custom-flavored syrups).
The composition of each flavoring is specifically kept as very simple as possible– with only natural flavors, water and alcohol (vegan and gluten free). And uniquely to these products, the alcohol which acts as our natural preservative is kept to a very nominal level –of less than 1/30th of a teaspoon per serving. This is equivalent to about 150 cups of coffee with these flavors to about 1 glass of wine or what is less than the naturally occurring alcohol in fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice.
Flavor Essence -No Unwanted Ingredients — And you won’t experience an odd after-taste or “off-note” flavor in the background taste or the “finish”—unless you use too much of a flavoring.
- 0 Sugars, 0 Sodium, 0 Total Fat, 0 Carbs, @2.5 Calories,
- No Added Coloring, No Preservatives, No Allergens
- Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- And to confirm, (because many people ask),
NO– these do not contain any natural sweeteners, such as Stevia at all
Wheat (includes Triticum species & Triticale): 0
Egg and Egg Products: 0
Milk and Milk Products: 0
Soy (flour, oil, proteins, etc): 0
Peanut Products (oil, nut, etc): 0
Sesame and products thereof: 0
Crustacean Shell Fish: 0
Mollusks (oysters, clams, etc): 0
Celery (root, stalk, leaves, not seeds): 0
Lupines and Products thereof: 0
Mustard and Products thereof: 0
Yellow #5: 0 (no colors ever added)
- Convenient 2-ounce, squeezable, portion-controllable bottles of flavoring.
- The bottles are pocket-portable and easily stored in kitchens & bars.
- Simply squeeze & stir into food and drinks.
I searched and failed to duplicate Dunkin Donuts Blueberry coffee till I found Flavor Essence! Absolutely nailed the flavor. 5-6 drops and it's sooo much like the original. So happy!
I have never had Dragon Fruit so I had no idea what it would taste like. I was thinking it'd be on the tropical fruit spectrum. I added 10-15 drops to a 16 oz bottle of seltzer, plus a little bit of maple syrup. I tasted it along the way and the tiny bit of sugar really did make the taste pop. We can't help the fact that our brains co-mingle images, tastes, scents, words, colors, etc. When I tasted my seltzer, I thought of the Polar seltzer "Dragon Whispers" flavor, except this was even better. But the "image" (taste) was a bright poppy blue/purple, dragons, castles, and yes fruity taste. I recommend just a tiny bit of sugar or maple syrup to make the Flavor Essence flavors really pop. I was rinsing out a maple syrup jug, and not wanting to waste anything, put a little maple water in the seltzer.
I originally sought out unsweetened flavors on Amazon, but was disappointed in my options. So I googled for what I wanted and came upon this site. Excellent options, easy ordering, charming packaging w/a nice personal note. And now that my order has arrived, I can confidently say these were exactly what I hoped for! The flavors are gentler in taste than you might expect, but the instant they're mixed into a liquid, the aroma blossoms and carries the anticipation for flavor right to your taste buds. I am excited to try more in the future! Thank you so much.
Fantastic product from a fantastic company. I use these to flavor my sparkling water from my SodaStream. I tried several other brands, but this is the one I keep coming back to. Great flavor, great value and again, a great company with great management. Don't hesitate to give it a try, you wont be sorry.
All of the flavors are so crisp and clean tasting. By that I refer to other market brand flavors that have a real artificial taste or after taste. When I bake with these products all I get are rave compliments. They last quite long and are the only flavorings I want to use.