Unsweetened Natural Background Flavorings
for your favorite beverages and food projects
Key Things You Should Know About Flavor Essence:
The people that understand us best have gourmet “foodie” tendencies and/or health-conscious interests. By using unsweetened natural background flavorings, you can avoid mass-produced, pre-flavored food and beverages. You can custom-flavor anything to match your own tastes. And because of that, you will have maximum creative control with minimal easy effort. The primary use of Flavor Essence is to add clean tasting gourmet-level flavor to your favorite things without any odd after-taste; and without adding any kind of preservatives, colorings, sugars, fats or carbs.
- To custom control the taste of your water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, milk, juices, smoothies, shakes and adult beverage cocktails (and personalize your own blends of Flavor Essence flavors for maximum creativity).
- To add subtle exotic flavors (beyond vanilla) into baking batters, mixes and frostings
- To flavor yogurt and cereals without adding any sugars
- To create flavored balsamic vinegars and dressings
- To add some true flavor to fruit salads and juices– especially when the fruit “looks good” but is missing either it’s key flavor component or you want to complement it
- These small-batch bottlings of unsweetened natural flavors are made as a simply and cleanly as possible. [These contain zero sugars of any kind].
- Add your own favorite sweeteners (like stevia, cane sugar, agave etc.), OR go without any sugars at all, OR you can “borrow” and just take advantage what sweetness is already present in your beverage or food. Many manufactured beverages and foods already contain added sugars, but our flavorings will not add any more.
- Stylistically, these flavors are a serious attempt to be as “true-to-form” and lush as possible –in both aroma and taste.
- They are gourmet quality and easily add complex aromas & tasty flavors to your favorite beverages and food and baking projects.
- Not to be confused with syrups –that either have a heavy-handed presence or unwanted extra ingredients. (This is one of the reasons that these are accurately described as “natural unsweetened flavorings are “background” flavorings but can be used to create a syrup)
- And unlike extracts, these are concentrated for you to custom-control for individual beverages and measure out for baking batches too.
- Unlike extracts and syrups, these add gourmet-level finesse and complexity.
- “Their place” is cleanly in the background –(and as background flavors they also behave cleanly when blended together)
- The goal is to give you great creative latitude, a new sense of control, and a lot of tasty fun. Healthy can be very tasty.
Take a moment to study…Help/Pointers & Usage Guidelines. By reading the pointers and usage guidelines, you will understand how the flavors are best used. And with this bit of reading, you can get some very good insights into what you can do and what to expect from the flavors. From there, it truly is up to your own sense of taste and your own creativity.
Contact Us Directly with any questions, or if want specific pointers.
Stir into water, sparkling water, hot or iced coffees and teas, protein shakes, smoothies, juices, & other blender drinks, as well as exotic martinis and cocktails. [Distillers, Brewers, Kombucha and CBD manufacturers are also using these as natural background flavorings in their own processes]
Stir into muffin and cake mixes, cookie doughs, bread recipes, frostings, whipped and butter creams, pancake batters. Also works well when stirred in oatmeals, yogurts, cream cheeses etc. These also “behave” very well in flavoring ice cream, butters, and salad dressings. [And a little known secret is that whenever you do want to make your own syrups, these are cleanest base for your own custom-flavored syrups).
The composition of each flavoring is specifically kept as very simple as possible– with only natural flavors, water and alcohol (vegan and gluten free). And uniquely to these products, the alcohol which acts as our natural preservative is kept to a very nominal level –of less than 1/30th of a teaspoon per serving. This is equivalent to about 150 cups of coffee with these flavors to about 1 glass of wine or what is less than the naturally occurring alcohol in fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice.
Flavor Essence -No Unwanted Ingredients — And you won’t experience an odd after-taste or “off-note” flavor in the background taste or the “finish”—unless you use too much of a flavoring.
- 0 Sugars, 0 Sodium, 0 Total Fat, 0 Carbs, @2.5 Calories,
- No Added Coloring, No Preservatives, No Allergens
- Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- And to confirm, (because many people ask),
NO– these do not contain any natural sweeteners, such as Stevia at all
Wheat (includes Triticum species & Triticale): 0
Egg and Egg Products: 0
Milk and Milk Products: 0
Soy (flour, oil, proteins, etc): 0
Peanut Products (oil, nut, etc): 0
Sesame and products thereof: 0
Crustacean Shell Fish: 0
Mollusks (oysters, clams, etc): 0
Celery (root, stalk, leaves, not seeds): 0
Lupines and Products thereof: 0
Mustard and Products thereof: 0
Yellow #5: 0 (no colors ever added)
- Convenient 2-ounce, squeezable, portion-controllable bottles of flavoring.
- The bottles are pocket-portable and easily stored in kitchens & bars.
- Simply squeeze & stir into food and drinks.
Great, sugar & calorie free, authentic taste. Flavors are so well curated, pantry stable, and a great value. No more aluminum cans and bottles for my bubbles!
The best flavors I have ever come across!
Wow! Cleanest ingredients and best taste combine to make Flavor Essence my preferred flavor source! I would love to someday see cotton candy flavor as it is my favorite flavor in the world.
I am delighted to say that I ordered from Flavor Essence. The shipping was fast and the blueberry added so much flavor to my coffee and smoothies that I will try other flavors.
I love flavored sodas without added sugar or artificial sweeteners but hate recycling cans! Have had a Soda Stream for about 5 years and wasn’t very happy with their “flavor drops”. They were expensive, hard to consistently get the same amount in the glass and tasted artificial. Was delighted to find Flavor Essence!! Love the abundance of flavors and the easy to control flip top. I add ice to my glass a few drops and top with soda. YUMMY!!
I must admit the Dark Chocolate is my least favorite (although it’s my favorite type of chocolate). Just doesn’t work for me in soda water - adding a little cherry improves the taste for me.
Just ordered a refill of all my favorites and lots of new flavors. Thanks, Flavor Essence (Mick 💕) for including hand written notes with each order, multi bottle discounts and for all the great flavor offerings! I even added a bottle of bacon - thinking it will taste great in baked beans, soups, eggs, cheese muffins, etc. Can’t wait for my shipment to arrive!
If you’re hesitant about trying these products, don’t be. They are FANTASTIC!!