Unsweetened Natural Background Flavorings
for your favorite beverages and food projects
The 10 Things You Should Know About Flavor Essence:
By using unsweetened natural background flavorings, you can avoid mass-produced, pre-flavored food and beverages. You can custom-flavor anything to match your own tastes. And because of that, you will have maximum creative control with minimal easy effort.
- The people that understand us best have gourmet “foodie” tendencies and/or health-conscious interests.
- These small-batch bottlings of unsweetened natural flavors are made as a simply and cleanly as possible.’
- Add your own favorite sweeteners, go without any, or “borrow” from what is already present in your beverage or food
- Stylistically, these flavors are a serious attempt to be as “true-to-form” and lush as possible –in both aroma and taste.
- They are gourmet quality and easily add complex aromas & tasty flavors to your favorite beverages and food projects.
- Not to be confused with syrups –that either have a heavy-handed presence or unwanted extra ingredients. (This is one of the reasons that these are accurately described as “unsweetened natural background flavorings”
- And unlike extracts, these are concentrated for you to custom-control for individual beverages and food portions too.
- Unlike extracts and syrups, these add gourmet-level finesse and complexity.
- “Their place” is cleanly in the background –(and as background flavors they also behave cleanly when blended together)
- The goal is to give you great creative latitude, a new sense of control, and a lot of tasty fun. Healthy can be very tasty.
Take a moment to study…Help/Pointers & Usage Guidelines. By reading the pointers and usage guidelines, you will understand how the flavors are best used. And with this bit of reading, you can get some very good insights into what you can do and what to expect from the flavors. From there, it truly is up to your own sense of taste and your own creativity.
Contact Us Directly with any questions, or if want specific pointers.
Stir into water, sparkling water, hot or iced coffees and teas, protein shakes, smoothies, juices, & other blender drinks, as well as exotic martinis and cocktails. [Distillers, Brewers, Kombucha and CBD manufacturers are also using these as natural background flavorings in their own processes]
Stir into muffin and cake mixes, cookie doughs, bread recipes, frostings, whipped and butter creams, pancake batters. Also works well when stirred in oatmeals, yogurts, cream cheeses etc. These also “behave” very well in flavoring ice cream, butters, and salad dressings. [And a little known secret is that whenever you do want to make your own syrups, these are cleanest base for your own custom-flavored syrups).
The composition of each flavoring is specifically kept as very simple as possible– with only natural flavors, water and alcohol (vegan and gluten free). And uniquely to these products, the alcohol which acts as our natural preservative is kept to a very nominal level –of less than 1/30th of a teaspoon per serving. This is equivalent to about 150 cups of coffee with these flavors to about 1 glass of wine or what is less than the naturally occurring alcohol in fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice.
Flavor Essence -No Unwanted Ingredients — And you won’t experience an odd after-taste or “off-note” flavor in the background taste or the “finish”—unless you use too much of a flavoring.
- 0 Sugars, 0 Sodium, 0 Total Fat, 0 Carbs, @2.5 Calories,
- No Added Coloring, No Preservatives, No Allergens
- Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- And to confirm, (because many people ask),
NO– these do not contain any natural sweeteners, such as Stevia at all
Wheat (includes Triticum species & Triticale): 0
Egg and Egg Products: 0
Milk and Milk Products: 0
Soy (flour, oil, proteins, etc): 0
Peanut Products (oil, nut, etc): 0
Sesame and products thereof: 0
Crustacean Shell Fish: 0
Mollusks (oysters, clams, etc): 0
Celery (root, stalk, leaves, not seeds): 0
Lupines and Products thereof: 0
Mustard and Products thereof: 0
Yellow #5: 0 (no colors ever added)
- Convenient 2-ounce, squeezable, portion-controllable bottles of flavoring.
- The bottles are pocket-portable and easily stored in kitchens & bars.
- Simply squeeze & stir into food and drinks.
Amazing natural flavors. Just placed my second order, keep up the great flavors!
I originally stumbled across Flavor Essence on a Sodastream subreddit. I’m so glad I did. Flavor Essence offers so many unique flavors in convenient squeeze bottles that allow you to control the amount of flavoring you add to the drop. I’m in seltzer heaven! The pineapple flavor is especially great. I would like to see a green apple in the future but I’m not sure how popular that would be but fingers crossed! I can’t wait to see what other flavors Mick comes up with in the future.
The customer service and the products are fantastic! I especially love the coconut in my plain yogurt! I like the caramel creme brûlée and both chocolates in water and (for a change) in coffee. I also use the caramel creme brûlée in plain yogurt sometimes.
I think it is really neat also that I get a little personal message with each order!
a year or so ago I realized how much money I was spending at Dunkin Donut simplly because I loved the non sweet toasted almond flavor they have. So I started googling for an alternative and stumbled upon flavor essence through amazon. I prefer to order direct from the company, which I do now. The toasted almond is exactly the same as dunkin donuts. I'm in coffee heaven. I do the fruit flavors to add some pizazz to plain yogurt. I love this stuff
I have been looking for unsweetened water flavorings for years. Plain water is not appealing to me. I finally found you guys and so far am loving it. I am ordering Black Cherry today to try that. The peach is a bit like peach pie flavor to me, a little creamy tasting if that makes sense. I will try the Cherry and see how that is. Thank you for making flavorings with NO sweeteners. Why the heck do people need everything sweetened? Thank you.