Unsweetened Natural Background Flavorings
for your favorite beverages and food projects
The 10 Things You Should Know About Flavor Essence:
By using unsweetened natural background flavorings, you can avoid mass-produced, pre-flavored food and beverages. You can custom-flavor anything to match your own tastes. And because of that, you will have maximum creative control with minimal easy effort.
- The people that understand us best have gourmet “foodie” tendencies and/or health-conscious interests.
- These small-batch bottlings of unsweetened natural flavors are made as a simply and cleanly as possible.’
- Add your own favorite sweeteners, go without any, or “borrow” from what is already present in your beverage or food
- Stylistically, these flavors are a serious attempt to be as “true-to-form” and lush as possible –in both aroma and taste.
- They are gourmet quality and easily add complex aromas & tasty flavors to your favorite beverages and food projects.
- Not to be confused with syrups –that either have a heavy-handed presence or unwanted extra ingredients. (This is one of the reasons that these are accurately described as “unsweetened natural background flavorings”
- And unlike extracts, these are concentrated for you to custom-control for individual beverages and food portions too.
- Unlike extracts and syrups, these add gourmet-level finesse and complexity.
- “Their place” is cleanly in the background –(and as background flavors they also behave cleanly when blended together)
- The goal is to give you great creative latitude, a new sense of control, and a lot of tasty fun. Healthy can be very tasty.
Take a moment to study…Help/Pointers & Usage Guidelines. By reading the pointers and usage guidelines, you will understand how the flavors are best used. And with this bit of reading, you can get some very good insights into what you can do and what to expect from the flavors. From there, it truly is up to your own sense of taste and your own creativity.
Contact Us Directly with any questions, or if want specific pointers.
Stir into water, sparkling water, hot or iced coffees and teas, protein shakes, smoothies, juices, & other blender drinks, as well as exotic martinis and cocktails. [Distillers, Brewers, Kombucha and CBD manufacturers are also using these as natural background flavorings in their own processes]
Stir into muffin and cake mixes, cookie doughs, bread recipes, frostings, whipped and butter creams, pancake batters. Also works well when stirred in oatmeals, yogurts, cream cheeses etc. These also “behave” very well in flavoring ice cream, butters, and salad dressings. [And a little known secret is that whenever you do want to make your own syrups, these are cleanest base for your own custom-flavored syrups).
The composition of each flavoring is specifically kept as very simple as possible– with only natural flavors, water and alcohol (vegan and gluten free). And uniquely to these products, the alcohol which acts as our natural preservative is kept to a very nominal level –of less than 1/30th of a teaspoon per serving. This is equivalent to about 150 cups of coffee with these flavors to about 1 glass of wine or what is less than the naturally occurring alcohol in fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice.
Flavor Essence -No Unwanted Ingredients — And you won’t experience an odd after-taste or “off-note” flavor in the background taste or the “finish”—unless you use too much of a flavoring.
- 0 Sugars, 0 Sodium, 0 Total Fat, 0 Carbs, @2.5 Calories,
- No Added Coloring, No Preservatives, No Allergens
- Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- And to confirm, (because many people ask),
NO– these do not contain any natural sweeteners, such as Stevia at all
Wheat (includes Triticum species & Triticale): 0
Egg and Egg Products: 0
Milk and Milk Products: 0
Soy (flour, oil, proteins, etc): 0
Peanut Products (oil, nut, etc): 0
Sesame and products thereof: 0
Crustacean Shell Fish: 0
Mollusks (oysters, clams, etc): 0
Celery (root, stalk, leaves, not seeds): 0
Lupines and Products thereof: 0
Mustard and Products thereof: 0
Yellow #5: 0 (no colors ever added)
- Convenient 2-ounce, squeezable, portion-controllable bottles of flavoring.
- The bottles are pocket-portable and easily stored in kitchens & bars.
- Simply squeeze & stir into food and drinks.
a year or so ago I realized how much money I was spending at Dunkin Donut simplly because I loved the non sweet toasted almond flavor they have. So I started googling for an alternative and stumbled upon flavor essence through amazon. I prefer to order direct from the company, which I do now. The toasted almond is exactly the same as dunkin donuts. I'm in coffee heaven. I do the fruit flavors to add some pizazz to plain yogurt. I love this stuff
I have been looking for unsweetened water flavorings for years. Plain water is not appealing to me. I finally found you guys and so far am loving it. I am ordering Black Cherry today to try that. The peach is a bit like peach pie flavor to me, a little creamy tasting if that makes sense. I will try the Cherry and see how that is. Thank you for making flavorings with NO sweeteners. Why the heck do people need everything sweetened? Thank you.
With none of the usual, cloying sweetness, these flavors hit their marks more precisely than any additives I've ever tasted. They will delightfully surprise your palate and olfactories. Three drops per 10-oz of water is plenty, so they will save you money relative to Sodastream's flavors.
I have searched for almost 2 full years to find something the equivalent of dunkin Donuts blueberry flavor. Nothing was even close to compare. After reading the reviews I decided to give this company a shot, but a little skeptical. I am beyond pleased with the product!! It's an EXACT match!! I offered to buy the bottles from multiple dunkin Donuts but no one would sell it to me. ? so glad I found this product!!! I Will DEFINITELY be a regular customer to this company for all my flavor needs!! Thank you thank you thank you for a FANTASTIC product!!
Just wow, if you're looking for additives to make flavored seltzer from your sodastream or homebrew carbonation setup - stop looking and choose these. I'm blown away by how awesome these are, exactly what I wanted. Sodastream's brand of flavorings have an awful "syrupy" taste that spoils the drink, and all the others include sugar or a sweetener that is simply not needed. I use ~15 drops in about 900mL of unflavored seltzer carbonated to ~4bar pressure (so ~30 Oz and 60psi), usually split across 2-3 flavors. Peach/pinapple makes a great combination, as does the Coconut and a splash of lime juice (though if they came out with a lime flavor I'd probably buy that too).
Make a Mango flavor next please 🙂